Old Saint John Courthouse
A designated National Historic Site, the Old Saint John Court House was built in 1826 to 1829 of unreinforced masonry and timber. Circa 1920s additions include reinforced concrete slabs and beams for interior floors and a steel structure in the attic space. The building was being assessed for its potential to house a theatre company, including including creating an onsite performance venue. A not-for-profit group procured an architect-led feasibility study, for which Heritage Standing Inc. provided structural and heritage expertise. Services included reviewing character defining elements and explaining associated restrictions, assessment and evaluation of structural systems using non and minimally destructive investigation, and rough order of magnitude costing for future rehabilitation. Heritage Standing Inc. was able to provide insight into the evaluation of structural systems no longer in use, making the future success of the overall project much more hopeful.