Projects - Community Buildings

After acquiring a local historic wood church, the municipality moved the building to a heavily used recreation area and questions arose about the potential of the buiilding to expand community recreation opportunities.  The municipality contacted Heritage Standing Inc. for a condition...

View Project

The former Penniac Baptist Church is a pre-1850’s light wood structure, moved to its current location and placed on a dry laid stone foundation around 1864. Unused for decades and at risk of demolition, a non-profit group took ownership of the property.  Structural and safety concerns were...

View Project

The St. Andrew’s Land Company Building was built in 1889 to house the offices of the company that developed the community into a resort town.  It is a local historic place, constructed with a timber frame interior and unreinforced load bearing exterior masonry walls.  Heritage Standing...

View Project

Sitting on Village Hill overlooking the Baie de Chaleur, the wood-frame Doucet Hennessy House has been a Bathurst landmark for nearly 200 years.  A Local and Provincial Heritage building, the house is currently owned by a not-for-profit association.  Heritage Standing Inc. is assisting in...

View Project