Dr. Thomas Morrison, of Heritage Standing Inc., is often an invited presenter and organizer of building conservation events.
Dr. Morrison was an invited panelist and speaker at a virtual National Trust event "Communicating Heritage Conservation as Climate Action." You can find the YouTube link here:
Dr. Morrison spear headed a TEDx event organized by the Canadian Association of Heritage Professionals. The series highlights the role of old buildings in reaching our climate change and economic goals, and more quickly. The virtual video series was part of TEDxCountdown, promoting events that provide solutions to the climate change emergency.
- Developer Kevin Bates presented "Existing Buildings Make Good Business."
- Student Larissa Ide presented "Conservation of Energy and Existing Heritage Values."
- Jennifer O'Donnell presented "Save Buildings, Fight Climate Change."
- Architect Mark Thompson Brandt presented "Building Resuse = Climate Action."
Heritage Standing Inc. has a YouTube channel with "Old Building Briefs." Short and specific building conservation topics are explored.
- The most recent is a simple example of how the hear the difference between adhered and detached masonry
- The first Old Buildings Brief discusses historic masonry repairs by constrasting 2 case studies